Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fired Up

It's been a while folks.

I'm in Louisville, KY on my 1st internship for towards earning my doctorate of physical therapy.  I'm loving it and I'm fired up on a few things.

1.  Take every opportunity to LEARN.  Learn from leaders.  True leadership is an attitude and a responsibility more than it is a position.  Learn how to edify your human resources.  If you're not the manager you can still encourage and build up your fellow coworkers.  I have recently learned that most of the time the squeaky wheels need to be replaced and the quiet wheels already received their grease, because they earned it.

2.  Be a reader.  I have made a good impression on the patients and clinicians I have met because I can speak knowledgeably on physical therapy as well as strength training and nutrition.  I can only speak on these subjects because I have read and applied what I read, then discarded some of it and built on some of it.

3.  Be a listener.  I know this is old advice for success, but c'mon.  Don't just wait for your turn to talk, LISTEN.  Then ask further questions in order to LEARN more about that person.  Then encourage them some how.  Maybe even use some knowledge you gained from READING to help that person.

4.  Be motivated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZnCGyPneo

5.  Place your Locus of Control Internally.  If you don't know what I'm talking about READ this and take a step in that direction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control



No comments:

Post a Comment